Saturday, February 6, 2010

and here come the doubts.

money sucks. you know what else sucks? having grandparents and an aunt who live in NYC, who are RICH by the way, and not being able to stay with them because they hate me. they hate me for not taking the high road and becoming a dentist like my sister and probably brother. they hate me for not loving and living and breathing for pharmacy. why am i mentioning this? probably because i just got the position to be an intern for nylon mag (my favorite magazine in the world) and i live in philly and must commute 2 to 3 times a week. i have no money. i have no job. why does this suck even more? probably because my parents are stressed out about money as it is and now i have to be the loser, good-for-nothing daughter who begs for money so that she can apparently go live her dream (which might not even be my dream by the way). I love nylon. i do. do i love nyc? no. do i wish i could rip the nylon headquarters from the ground and place it straight in center city? yeahhh that would be awesome. but guess what? i can't! YIPPEE DOODLE FREAKIN DAY!




when i get like this i always have to remind myself that in a few years, i'll look back on this moment and just laugh at how insignificant this issue really is.

3 comments:

Hannah W. said...

ugh, i despise the asian mentality that if you're not in science or law, you'll live a miserable and rotten life. buuuut: there's no time to doubt yourself girly! life's too short as it is, we should spend it doing what we want, having fun, enjoying it... nahmean jelly bean? and don't worry whether this is something you want to do or not.. you'll never know unless you try. i think it's better to try regardless of the result, then to never do it and always look back wondering if you had made a mistake by not going for it. i love you <3

Hannah W. said...

i hate america. let's move to canada where we can get free health care and smoke weed...lol...just kidding.............. :P

Dear God said...

i got really sad reading the first part but you made me smile at the end :)

commuting 2-3 times a week sounds hard :( if you stick with nylon until i graduate, my place is OPEN for you to stay at! I'll feed you & bathe you ;)

MUAHAHHAHAH i <3 you sunni! him nae!! Even if the whole world fails you, God is always rooting for you :)